- It boots incredibly fast. From death to life in about 35 seconds. Very impressive.
- I really like the start screen in Windows 8, especially now that I've figured out how to customize it by adding things to it. (Right-click on the item to be added, perhaps a folder, and choose "Add to start screen".)
- I haven't found a way to add Recent Files to the start screen. I really miss that from the start menu in previous versions of Windows. You can add Recent Places, but it's not even close to the same thing as Recent Files.
- I don't particularly care for the Windows 8 start screen apps. They just seem sort of clunky. I find myself bypassing them and just using my old favorites such as Google Chrome.
- The one exception to my previous comment about the Windows 8 start screen apps is the email client, which allows you to aggregate email from multiple sources, so I have my Hotmail, Gmail, and Yahoo mail all in a single interface. That's handy.
- As you might expect, there are compatibility issues, but so far the only big one I've discovered is with Quickbooks. That's an Intuit issue, not a Microsoft issue. (It's the same thing that happened going from XP to Vista and from Vista to 7 where you can't create PDFs of invoices and other documents to send to clients.) Intuit has a lousy track record with me in this area. Also, HP doesn't support my ancient laptop with Windows 8 drivers. I had to go to the Nvidia website and download Windows 7 video drivers, but they work, so this is a minor hitch. Canon, on the other hand, has Windows 8 drivers and software available now to download for use with their printers and multi-function devices, even old ones!
Overall? I'm very impressed with the Seagate Momentus hard drive. Windows 8? The jury's still out, but I am enjoying it...so far.